Family Medicine Seminar: Balancing Risks and Benefits in Clinical Practice
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center. Download the registration form here.
Presented by Timothy Derstine, MD, Centre Professional Associates, LLC.
At the completion of this program the participants should be able to:
- Recognize history factors contributing to current opioid use crisis
- Identifying criteria for inclusion, exclusion and alternatives to the use of opioid medications for pain management
- Indicate relevant risk factors of prescribing opioid medications and monitoring for patients prescribed opioid medications
- Provide appropriate education for patient and caregivers related to the use of opioid medications
- Identify risk reduction strategies for prevention of opioid use disorder
Please note that the 10/18 session will be a two hour program to assist in meeting the state licensure requirement for opioid training.