Family Medicine Seminar: Fighting obesity through the years
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center. Download the registration form here.
Presented by Michelle Shippert, DO, family medicine and obesity medicine, private practive at Oasis LifeCare.
At the completion of this program the participants should be able to:
- Identify ways to address childhood obesity.
- Recognize the prevalence and health consequences of severe obesity in adolescence.
- Assess and facilitate health behavior changes in patients.
- Examine anorectic drugs and combination options in current obesity treatment.
- Outline predictors of long-term weight loss and maintenance.