Endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and hormone-related disorders.
Endocrinologists who are a part of Mount Nittany Health treat a variety of conditions, including:
- All forms of thyroid disease and cancer
- Pituitary diseases and tumors
- All aspects of calcium metabolism, including osteoporosis and parathyroid problems
- Adrenal problems
- Low or abnormal testosterone or estrogen hormone levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition commonly affecting young women with insulin resistance)
- Unusual, unexplained symptoms such as sweating or flushing
Treatment for endocrine-related conditions can include prescription medication, lab work and other testing, education on coping with a condition and, in some cases, surgery.
Find an endocrinologist below or contact Mount Nittany Health - Park Avenue to make an appointment.
Endocrinologists also treat patients with diabetes since the disease is related to the pancreas, a gland that produces insulin to regulate glucose (sugar) levels in the body.
Meet our team
At Mount Nittany Physician Group, our providers are dedicated to being your partner in health and wellness. Watch the video below to learn what makes them unique, both professionally and personally
"The most important thing to me when I walk into a patient room is… that we're about to do is something that's going to help them be better.” - Sue Trainor, CRNP, CDE