Laboratory & Pathology Services
Lab testing can be extremely important in determining what is wrong (or not wrong) with an individual patient. Every day, Mount Nittany Health laboratories process hundreds of patient samples for a variety of diagnostic purposes. We offer a wide range of on-site lab tests at several locations to make it convenient for you to get the testing you need.
Mount Nittany Health's Laboratories offer high-complexity labs on site to provide a number of lab testing services, including:
- Chemistry analysis of blood, urine and bodily fluids for management of diabetes, endocrinology disorders, fertility and pregnancy, kidney disease, liver disease, lipid (cholesterol) disorders, nutritional disorders and autoimmune disorders
- Hematology analysis for monitoring Coumadin therapy as well as diagnosing and treating blood cell disorders and coagulation disorders
- Microbiology analysis
- Infectious disease testing for Lyme disease , hepatitis, HIV, strep throat and syphilis. Additionally, the Physician Group lab offers testing for chlamydia, gonorrhea, cytomegalovirus and toxoplasmosis.
- Semen analysis (available at the Medical Center lab)
- Therapeutic drug monitoring for seizure disorders and heart medications
- Tumor antigens (markers) for certain cancers
At the Medical Center's fully accredited laboratory, specialists provide a number of additional services, including:
- Autopsy pathology
- Transfusion services (blood banking)
- Surgical pathology services, including tissue analysis for diagnostics
- Cytology services, including processing Pap smears submitted by physicians and fine needle aspiration cytology
Any lab tests that cannot be performed here are available through partner reference laboratories, so all your testing needs are covered.
To find a pathologist, please click here.