Mount Nittany Medical Center offers excellent pay and benefits packages for staff members, with regular pay increases and excellent working conditions. We regularly review our programs to keep pace with the changing needs of our workforce.
In addition to competitive wages, we offer:
- On-call pay
- Perfect attendance bonus
- Referral bonus for specified positions
- Sign-on bonus for newly hired registered nurses, graduate nurses, clinical supervisors, clinical coordinators and medical technologists
- Clinical ladder for registered nurses
- Experience differential
- Shift differential for evening and night shifts
- Weekend differential for specified positions
- Work hour options: Staff in several areas of the Medical Center have the option of working 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts as their regular schedule.
- Work hour commitment: The Medical Center offers full-time, part-time, wage payroll (limited or no set schedule positions) and temporary positions in all areas to offer increased flexibility.
- Scheduling: Many nursing units offer self scheduling, which means staff members are actively involved in developing their own work schedules based upon their needs and the needs of the unit.
Through our flexible benefits plan, staff members may choose among the following insurance coverage options:
- Three health insurance plans (including prescription drug coverage)
- Two levels of dental insurance
- Vision care
- Additional life insurance and dependent life insurance
We offer a number of other benefits for employees, including:
- Disability income protection
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Retirement savings plan—403(b) plan
- Paid holidays, sick days, personal days and vacation
- Subsidized childcare
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform allowance
- Credit union participation
- Free parking
- Longevity payments
- Free in-hospital training
- Staff fitness center
- Courtesy discount on care at Mount Nittany Medical Center