- Blood clots that form in the deep veins of the lower leg, thigh, or pelvis, can cause life-threatening conditions if they break apart and travel to the lungs.
- To help decrease your risk, get up and walk around at least every two to three hours when traveling.
- Exercise your legs while sitting by raising and lowering your toes or writing the alphabet with your feet.
- Maintain a healthy weight and avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
- Stop smoking, and stay well-hydrated.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.