Mount Nittany Health Surgical Center
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness at Mount Nittany Health
Mount Nittany Health is closely monitoring the situation and staying prepared, which includes following the most current guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for screening and testing of patients. We are also committed to keeping you informed about COVID-19 and what matters most to you. For the most up-to-date information, visit mountnittany.org/coronavirus.
Screenings implemented at all Mount Nittany Health facilities
All employees, providers, patients and others accessing Mount Nittany Health facilities will be screened before entering. This new screening process is another measure that Mount Nittany Health is taking to protect our patients, staff and community against the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Pre-Surgical Testing
- Your surgeon/physician will provide you with an order and instructions for COVID-19 testing. This will need to be completed 4 business days prior to your procedure. COVID -19 testing is only available Monday through Friday (testing is NOT available over the weekend).
- Your surgeon/physician will set up and provide you with specific instructions on the date, time, and location of when to obtain COVID-19 testing. It is very important to arrive to this appointment on time. If it is missed, it can delay or cancel your procedure.
- The COVID-19 testing MUST be completed before NOON on your testing date, as results are time sensitive. Test results will be sent to your surgeon/physician and anesthesia team.
- Please limit your exposure risk by social distancing in public, avoiding large groups and gatherings (greater than 10 people), wearing a mask in public, washing your hands frequently, avoiding contact with a person known to be positive for COVID-19, and limiting your activities to only those that are essential, including work. If your work requires you to interact with others, please carefully follow the safety measures at your workplace, such as social distancing and use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as mask, gloves, gowns, eye protection, etc., if applicable.
- Avoid non-essential activities, such as social gatherings, eating in bars/restaurants, weddings, church, public events, and unnecessary travel.
- Non-essential traveling 14 days prior to your procedure is discouraged and may result in a delay or cancellation of your surgery/procedure. However, if you need to travel for work, please speak with your surgeon’s office/physician’s office and inform the nurse who will be contacting you for your PAT nurse interview.
- Please notify your surgeon/physician or anesthesia team by telephone for further instructions if you develop any new symptoms including fevers, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or vomiting, OR if you have had a known exposure to anyone who is positive for COVID-19.
- If you have any questions about these instructions and how to prepare for your upcoming surgery/procedure, please call the PAT office at 814.231.7050.
- You will receive a screening call from a nurse in PAT prior to your surgery. The nurse will be asking about your medical history, medications, allergies, and symptoms. Recent travel history will also be reviewed for you and those living in your household.
- Upon arrival at the Mount Nittany Health facility on the day of your procedure, you and your visitor will be asked screening questions and have your temperatures checked.
- To protect our patients, visitors, and staff, we are constantly monitoring the COVID-19 activity in the community and revising our visitation policy as needed. Visitors are limited, unless special circumstances exist. Please ask about our current policy when you receive your surgery and/or procedure time.
Yes. Download the instructions here.
We understand that surgery can be a source of anxiety for both kids and parents. Our caring, expert team of surgeons and healthcare professionals can help your family navigate the process.
Mount Nittany Health Surgical Center offers a full range of elective outpatient surgical services performed by a skilled team of surgeons and healthcare professionals dedicated to providing exceptional, patient-focused care. We perform procedures in the following specialties:
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Ear, nose and throat
- General surgery
- Oral surgery
- Pain management