Mount Nittany Health Surgical Center
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness at Mount Nittany Health
Mount Nittany Health is closely monitoring the situation and staying prepared, which includes following the most current guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for screening and testing of patients. We are also committed to keeping you informed about COVID-19 and what matters most to you. For the most up-to-date information, visit mountnittany.org/coronavirus.
Screenings implemented at all Mount Nittany Health facilities
All employees, providers, patients and others accessing Mount Nittany Health facilities will be screened before entering. This new screening process is another measure that Mount Nittany Health is taking to protect our patients, staff and community against the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 Pre-Surgical Testing
- Yes. Your surgeon will give you an order and instructions for COVID-19 nasal swabbing. This will need to be done 3 business days before your procedure. COVID-19 testing is only available Monday through Friday (testing is NOT available over the weekend).
- Your surgeon will set up and give you specific instructions on the date, time, and location of when to have nasal swabbing. It is very important to arrive to this appointment on time. If it is missed, it can delay or cancel your procedure.
- The COVID-19 testing MUST be completed before NOON on your testing date, as results are time sensitive. Test results will be sent to your surgeon and anesthesia team.
- Please limit your exposure by social distancing in public, wearing a mask in public, washing your hands frequently, avoiding contact with a person known to be positive for COVID-19, and limiting your activities to only those that are essential, including work. If your work requires you to interact with others, please carefully follow the safety measures at your workplace, such as social distancing and use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as mask, gloves, gowns, eye protection, etc., if applicable.
- Avoid non-essential activities, such as social gatherings, eating in at bars/restaurants, public events, and unnecessary travel.
- Please notify your surgeon or anesthesia team if you develop any new symptoms including fevers, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- If you have any questions about these instructions and how to prepare for your upcoming procedure/surgery, please call the PAT office at 814.231.7050.
You will receive a screening call the day before your surgery. The nurse will ask about any symptoms and travel history for you and those in your household. Please tell the nurse at this time if you will need help getting from your car into the hospital (for example a wheelchair).
Upon arrival at the Mount Nittany Health facility on the day of your procedure, you and your passengers will be asked screening questions and have your temperatures checked.
Limiting to one visitor/caregiver, with exception for COVID-19 patients or persons under investigation, at all Mount Nittany Health facilities
Yes. Download the instructions here.
We understand that surgery can be a source of anxiety for both kids and parents. Our caring, expert team of surgeons and healthcare professionals can help your family navigate the process.
Mount Nittany Health Surgical Center offers a full range of elective outpatient surgical services performed by a skilled team of surgeons and healthcare professionals dedicated to providing exceptional, patient-focused care. We perform procedures in the following specialties:
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Ear, nose and throat
- General surgery
- Oral surgery
- Pain management