Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.234.6738 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center.
- January 19, Evaluation and Treatment of Allergy, presented by Jeffrey M. Rosch, MD, FAAAAI, Penn State Hershey Medical Group, State College, Pa.; Central PA Asthma & Allergy Care, Altoona, Pa.
- February 16, Going Viral: Social Media in Primary Care, presented by Christopher Heron, MD, family medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Group, State College, Pa.
- March 16, Basic Principles of Addiction in Primary Care, presented by Timothy Derstine, MD, Centre Professional Associates, LLC, State College, Pa.
- April 20, Tick Talk, presented by Donald Middleton, MD, professor of family medicine, UPMC St. Margaret Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- May 18, The Pharmacologic Treatment of Osteoporosis: Benefits, Risks, Questions, and Controversies, presented by Leslie Goldstein, PharmD, assistant professor of pharmacology, New York Institute of Technology, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, N.Y.
2017 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (4/13, 5/11, 6/8, 9/14, 10/12, 11/9) - Click here to download the current session flyer
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (3/16, 4/20, 5/18, 7/20, 8/17, 9/21, 10/19) - Click here to download the session flyer
- 4/12/17, Mayers Lecture: Leading Transformational Change: An Exciting Decade Ahead - Click here to download the session flyer
- 5/9/17, Mini Pediatric Update, held in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Click here to download the session flyer
- 5/19/17, John "Skooter" Van Kirk Spring Educational Day, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 9/22/17, Update in Neurology, held in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium, 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
- 10/20/17, Update in Internal Medicine, held in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 11/1/17, 26th Annual Pediatric Update, held in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm