Our team at Mount Nittany Health can assess and treat neurological conditions specific to women and women’s life events, including:
- Women with pre-existing neurological conditions that are pregnant or trying to conceive. Examples of conditions managed include: epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, migraines, myasthenia gravis, and movement disorders such as Wilson’s disease, chorea and restless legs
- On-going care during pregnancy, delivery and post-partum: for above conditions, as well as, co-managed conditions such as brain tumors, cerebral aneurysms, neurofibromatosis and Spina Bifida.
- Neurological illnesses during menopause: migraines, strokes, post chemotherapy neuropathy
Mount Nittany Health is proud to be one of the few facilities in the nation that offers services specifically dedicated to women with neurological conditions.
Treatment: Mount Nittany Health Neurologists provide treatment plans based on the individual patient’s needs. These treatments can include:
- Physical Therapy for headache care
- Nutrition and lifestyle treatment
- Behavioral health treatment
To learn more about women’s neurology care options talk to your primary care physician or click on the appropriate program link below: