Family Medicine Seminar: Hypertension
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center. Download the registration form here.
Presented by Mary Joyce Green, MD, Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Hershey, Pa.
At the completion of this program the participants should be able to:
- Describe prevalence of HTN
- Discuss BP measurement and screening recommendations
- Compare old and new HTN classification
- Compare and evaluate treatment goals
- Analyze screening for secondary HTN
- Determine non-pharmacologic interventions
- Determine recommended oral hypertensive medications