Family Medicine Seminar: COPC Model: What Mr. Rogers can teach us about community connection: Being a healthcare provider and a neighbor
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center. Download the registration form here.
Presented by Lindsay A. Nakaishi, MD, MPH, UPMC Shadyside Family Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pa.
At the completion of this program the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the need for community connection
- Reflect on the relevance of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood
- Describe how to connect using the Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC) Model
- Apply the COPC Model to a remote Honduran village
- Design Mr. Roger's Next Neighborhood using the COPC Model