- March 10, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Operating Room
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Regular Part Time
Mount Nittany Health
March 10, 2020
Regular Part Time
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- 3) Prior Operating Room experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 6) Must begin the in-house Operating Room course upon transfer/hire into the Operating Room.
- 7) Accepts responsibility and accountability for maintaining knowledge, skills and competency in perio-operative nursing, remaining current on concepts, trends, scientific advance, biomedical equipment and ethics related to peri-operative nursing.
- 8) If there are no candidates who possess the preferred qualifications for the above positions, the candidate will be considered and education/training will be provided. Mount Nittany Health will provide an in-house 6 month Operating Room course.
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.
Responsible to the Director of Surgical Services, Unit Director/Manager, Clinical Supervisor and/or designee for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care based on current perioperative nursing knowledge through the use of Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) Standards and Recommended Practice for Perioperative Nursing. Care includes the use of the nursing process through assessment of the patient and pertinent health data, analysis of collected data based on perioperative nursing theory and experience, development of a plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions based on current practice standards and evaluation of patient care outcomes for the pediatric through geriatric age population.
Evening/Day; 8 hr shifts; Will be scheduled up to 40 hrs/pay; May be scheduled for additional hours based on dept needs.
Includes Weekend Work; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org
Apply or Return to Job List
Apply or Return to Job List