- February 21, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Radiation Oncology
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Wage Payroll
Mount Nittany Health
February 21, 2020
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- Responsible to the Director for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care based on current ANA and Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) standards. The oncology nurse functions as a coordinator of care through collaboration with other cancer care providers and health team members to provide quality care. This includes the responsibility for assessment of oncology patients’ needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of nursing care based on outcomes for the oncology patient and the family unit. The data gathering process will focus on the eleven high incidence problem areas: prevention and early detection, information, coping, comfort, nutrition, protective mechanisms, mobility, elimination, sexuality and circulation. The oncology nurse will be able to provide age appropriate care to adolescence through the geriatric age population.
- The oncology nurse actively participates in professional role development activities including continuing education, process improvement and the review and clinical application of research. The oncology nurse will also practice in an ethical manner and address ethical challenges through the application of the Standards of Oncology Practice
Day; Mon-Fri; Varying start time; 8/10 hr shifts
- Wage Payroll employment offers a flexible schedule based upon your availability and our patient care / dept needs. Wage payroll is a schedule of work which is typically less than 16 hrs/wk or works irregularly ("as needed" basis).
No Weekends; No Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org
Apply or Return to Job List
Apply or Return to Job List