- December 26, 2019
- January 28, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Wage Payroll
Mount Nittany Health
December 26, 2019
January 28, 2020
January 28, 2020
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- 3) Previous PACU experience preferred; in the absence of PACU experience, may consider individuals with critical care experience including completion of a Critical Care Course.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
- 4) After six months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and renews PALS every two years
- 5) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.
Responsible to the Director of Perioperative Services and Unit Manager and/or designee for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care based on current nursing knowledge through the use of the American Society of Post Anesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) Standards during the Post Anesthesia Phase I and Phase II and transfer to the receiving patient care unit. The nursing roles during this phase focus on providing a transition from a totally anesthetized state to one requiring less acute interventions. This includes use of the nursing process through assessment of patient's needs, development of a plan to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care and other treatment measures to achieve optimal patient outcomes on discharge from the Post Anesthesia Care Unit for the pediatric through geriatric age patient.
Day/Evening; 8/12 hr shifts
- Wage Payroll employment offers a flexible schedule based upon your availability and our patient care / dept needs. Wage payroll is a schedule of work which is typically less than 16 hrs/wk or works irregularly ("as needed" basis).
Includes Weekend Work; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
Job Expired 1/28/2020