- December 3, 2019
- March 17, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Operating Room
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Regular Part Time
Mount Nittany Health
December 3, 2019
March 17, 2020
Regular Part Time
- 1) High School Education or equivalent.
- 2) Graduate of an approved school for Surgical Technicians.
- 1) Prior operating room experience; a minimum of three years preferred.
- 2) A background in Cesarean sections and Orthopedic, General and Vascular surgery preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the specific uses of all equipment and supplies for surgical procedures.
- 2) Demonstrates independent critical thinking for emergent cases.
- 3) Demonstrates mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people.
- 4) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 2) Certified as a Surgical Technologist and renews CST every four years.
Responsible to the Director of Perioperative Services, Director/Manager and/or designee for overall practice. Functions under supervision of the Clinical Supervisor and circulating nurse as a scrub or assist. Assists in the delivery of patient care in the Operating Room under the supervision of the professional nurse according to AORN Standards of Practice, Principles of Asepsis and Operating Room Policies and Procedures.
Night/Day/Evening; 8/12 hr shifts; Weekend 12 hr shifts; Friday & Saturday 1800-0630; Subject to additional hours during the week based on needs; Rotating on call; Will be scheduled up to 48 hrs/pay; May be scheduled for additional hours based on dept needs.
Primary Weekends; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
Job Expired 3/17/2020