- February 10, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Endoscopy Center
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Regular Part Time
Mount Nittany Health
February 10, 2020
Regular Part Time
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 2) Prior endoscopy experience preferred.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- 3) Accepts responsibility and accountability for maintaining knowledge, skills and competency in endoscopic nursing, remaining current on concepts, trends, scientific advances, biomedical equipment and ethics related to endoscopy.
- 4) Ability to have an on call response time of 30 minutes
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgement and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 6) Accepts responsibility and accountability for maintaining knowledge, skills and competency in endoscopic nursing, remaining current on concepts, trends, scientific advances, biomedical equipment and ethics related to endoscopy. *License/Certification/Registration:
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 3) After four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
- 4) Relevant certification preferred upon hire. See the Registered Nurse addendum for each specific unit.
Responsible to the Director of Surgical Services, Unit Director/Manager, Clinical Supervisor and/or designee for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care based on current perioperative nursing knowledge through the use of the Society of Gastroenterology Nurses & Associates standards. Care includes the use of the nursing process through assessment of the patient and pertinent health data, analysis of collected data based on perioperative nursing theory and experience, development of a plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions based on current practice standards and evaluation of patient care outcomes for the pediatric through geriatric age population.
Day/Evening; 8/10 hr shifts; On call rotation with 30 minute response time. Will be scheduled up to 40 hrs/pay; May be scheduled for additional hours based on dept needs.
Includes Weekend Work; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org
Apply or Return to Job List
Apply or Return to Job List