- September 23, 2019
- May 19, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Critical Care Unit
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Full Time
Mount Nittany Health
September 23, 2019
May 19, 2020
Critical Care Unit
- 1) Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- 2) If hired into the position on or after 02/20/2019, Bachelor of Science degree in nursing is to be obtained within 5 years of accepting the position.
- 1) Two years of clinical experience required.
- 2) Recent supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- 2) Ability to work effectively under stressful situations.
- 3) Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- 4) Ability to function in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
- 5) Effectively communicates verbally with patients, physicians, visitors, co-workers and supervisors.
- 6) Ability to document data and other information.
- 7) Ability to read and interpret written communication.
- 8) Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- 9) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- 10) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
- 1) Current licensure as a professional registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Relevant certification in area of specialization preferred upon hire. If hired into the position on or after 02/20/2019, nursing certification is to be obtained within 5 years of accepting the position.
- 3) Must be able to meet mandated clinical unit requirement (such as but not limited to: BLS; ACLS; PALS; HCP; neonatal resuscitation; critical care course; chemotherapy etc.) within designated time frame assigned by the director.
The Clinical Nursing Supervisor, in collaboration with and under the direction of the Nursing Department Director, is accountable for ongoing leadership and operations of a clinical department and for nursing care safety and quality. The Clinical Nursing Supervisor uses sound human resource and budget principles to guide the daily provision of nursing services to patients and families. The Clinical Nursing Supervisor supports comprehensive patient and family services through effective participation with the interdisciplinary team. The Clinical Nursing Supervisor is responsible, in collaboration with the unit Director for fiscal, human resource, and quality outcomes for their defined service area or unit. The Clinical Nursing Supervisor places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority and demonstrates the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations. The Clinical Nursing Supervisor focuses others on a clearly defined, clearly communicated organization and unit goals, and engages individuals and groups to achieve outcomes. The Clinical Nursing Supervisor identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others. This individual remains clinically competent in the area of practice and is able to take a direct patient care assignment as needed.
Night/Day; 3-12hr shifts per week. Holiday Rotation subject to change due to departmental needs.
- Please submit a current resume when applying.
Rotating Weekends; Rotating Holidays.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
Job Expired 5/19/2020