ED Case Manager
- September 16, 2019
- February 5, 2020
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Case Management
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Regular Part Time
ED Case Manager
Mount Nittany Health
September 16, 2019
February 5, 2020
February 5, 2020
Regular Part Time
- Education & Experience:
- 1) Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred with minimum of four years current experience in a health care setting, preferably acute care; or Bachelor of Social Work from an accredited school of social work with minimum of four years experience; preferably acute care setting.
- 2) A Master of Social Work from an accredited school of social work or Master of Science in Nursing with a minimum of two years experience in a health care setting, acute care setting is preferred.
- 3) An Associate Degree or Diploma RN with a minimum of eight years acute care clinical experience and four years care manager or case manager experience will be considered.
- 4) Preference is given to previous utilization management experience and care protocols experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Knowledge of hospital admitting procedures, health care legislation and government/regulatory health related agencies.
- 2) Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively and express ideas clearly; actively listens; works well with others to solve interpersonal conflicts and problems without need of superiors. Demonstrates ability in collaborating with physicians. Requires excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team
- 3) Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems. Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- 4) Computer skills are required.
- 1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 2) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.
Functions independently and collaboratively to assure appropriate utilization of resources for patients across the continuum of care. The Emergency Department (ED) Case Manager is an integral member of the ED care team who provides strategic guidance to the department clinical and operations staff for the purpose of assuring that patients are placed in the correct level of care without ambiguity in the orders or treatment plan. The care manager understands the nature of ED care and patient flow, and the special demands placed on the ED staff due to high volume, fast turnover and patient/family expectations. The ED Case Manager evaluates patients that will remain in the hospital and completes the initial InterQual assessment and assists with outpatient follow-up plans for patients that will be discharged from the ED.
Evening/Night; Will be scheduled up to 40 hrs/pay; May be scheduled for additional hours based on dept needs.
- Please attach a current resume when applying.
Rotating Weekends; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
Job Expired 2/5/2020