- December 12, 2018
- January 25, 2019
- Job Type
- Physician Group
- Blue Course Drive
- Full Time
December 12, 2018
January 25, 2019
January 25, 2019
- Performance Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1) Knowledge of professional medical practice and care protocols, assessing patient health, administration of medications and delivering care following a treatment plan.
- 2) Knowledge of physician office procedures, medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding guidelines.
- 3) Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, procedures, prescribed medical standards and common safety hazards and precautions.
- 4) Skill in applying and modifying principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care.
- 5) Skill in gathering and analyzing patient data and interpreting findings.
- 6) Skill in preparing and maintaining records utilizing computer software.
- 7) Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 1) Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- 1) Valid State of Pennsylvania Physician Assistant license.
- 2) CPR certification.
- 1) Previous orthopedics experience preferably as a Physician Assistant in a medical practice.
- Mount Nittany Health is partnering with Martin & Suhey Orthopedics, as Mount Nittany Physician Group Orthopedics, effective January 1, 2019. The practice is hiring a full-time Physician Assistant to join their team.
- The Physician Assistant will be responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Physician Assistant has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Physician Assistant manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Physician Assistant encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Physician Assistant establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Physician Assistant begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
- Day Shift with on-call assignments at Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Hours and Weekends hours subject to change in the future due to growing needs of the practice.
- Please attach a current resume when applying.
Rotating Weekends and Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position
Job Expired 1/25/2019