- December 19, 2018
- January 14, 2019
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Critical Skills Development Pool - Critical Care Assignment
- Medical Center
- Full Time
Mount Nittany Health
December 19, 2018
January 14, 2019
January 14, 2019
Critical Skills Development Pool - Critical Care Assignment
CRTITICAL CARE SERVICES
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 3) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and renews ACLS every two years.
- 4) Within four months from the hire/transfer date, obtains National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification.
Responsible to the Unit Director/Manager/designee for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care to treat human responses to life-threatening problems, based on the American Association of Critical Care Nursing (AACN) Standards. This includes the responsibility for assessment of the patients needs, development of a plan of care, implementation of nursing measures and evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care and other treatments to protect, maintain, and restore health for the pediatric through geriatric age population. The Critical Care nurse recognizes cardiac arrhythmias and life-threatening emergency situations and takes appropriate action.
Day/Evening/Night; 8/12 hr shifts; 2-8hr shifts and 2-12hr shifts per week
Every Other Weekend; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
Job Expired 1/14/2019