- June 1, 2018
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Medical Center
- Full Time
Mount Nittany Health
- •Graduate of an accredited nurse anesthesia education program required.
- •Knowledgeable regarding controlled substance policies in accordance with Federal and State laws required.
- •Masters degree preferred. This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
The Nurse Anesthetist provides anesthetic care for all types of patients in cooperation with the supervising or medically directing physician and under the standards of the Department of Anesthesiology and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. The CRNA administers anesthesia to patients rendering them insensitive to pain during surgery, monitors the patient's physical reaction to sedatives, analgesics, and anesthetic agents and informs the anesthesiologist of any adverse condition that potentially threatens the safety or care of the patient.
CRNA shifts are set up to rotate these work shifts and site:
- -The rotation varies each 18 week schedule cycle pending your vacation request and other staffing needs.
- -We do assignments most times by location for a week at a time.
- -The breakdown for the schedule is ~ 2 weeks ENDO, ~ 5-6 Surgery Center and ~ 7-8 Main OR. These vary in their rotation pending if you have time off
- MAIN OR Shifts
- -5 staff work 5 days a week 8 hours shifts M- F for the hours of 0630 – 1500
- -1 staff works 5 days a week 8 hours shifts M- F for the hours of 0845 – 1715
- -2 staff works 4 days of 10 hour shifts M- F usual day off is Wednesday or Thursday for the hours of 0645- 1715
- -1 staff works 2 days of 12 hours and 2 days of 8 hours and a random day off in the week for the hours of 0645 – 1915
- -1 staff works Saturday and Sunday 0700 – 1530
- Surgery Center Shifts
- -4 staff work 5 days a week 8 hours shifts M- F for the hours of 0630 – 1500
- ENDO Shifts
- -2 staff work 5 days a week 8 hours shifts M- F for the hours of 0800 – 1630
- CRNA CALL shifts for the MAIN OR per 18 week scheduling cycle are approximately
Note: They are not called for every case after hours, we have guidelines on which they are called –in. The call in rate is fairly low. The call return time is 30 minutes or we do have a call room for them to stay when on call.
- -1 call weekend of Friday 7 p – 7a, Saturday 7a- 7a and Sunday 7a – 7a
- -4 random week days ( Monday – Thursday 7p-7a)
The ACTUAL HOLIDAY are done as a 24 Call 7a-7a shift. It works out to that you get one per year or may have none pending the rotation.
- NOTE: Then we have a sign-up for the weekends work shifts and call around/near the holiday.
- •Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in four general categories: (1) pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation; (2) anesthesia induction, maintenance, and emergence, (3) post-anesthesia care, and (4) peri-anesthesia clinical support functions.
- •Assumes responsibility and is accountable for controlled substances according to department and hospital policy and State and federal guidelines.
- •Performs according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory standards. Review appropriate documentation for informed consent and identify appropriate surgical site with operating room staff and surgeon in accordance with departmental and regulatory compliance standards. Participates in the Quality Improvement (QI) process through case documentation, incident reporting, evaluation, education, and implementation of the QI plan.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below, or email your CV to: HR@mountnittany.org
Mail: 1800 East Park Ave, State College, PA 16803
Apply or Return to Job List
Apply or Return to Job List