Funded by Pink Zone, our Lady Lion Basketball Cancer Resource Center provides a dedicated, quiet space for people affected by cancer and their loved ones.
Located to the right of the main lobby entrance of the Lance and Ellen Shaner Cancer Pavilion, visitors and patients are invited to use the space as a quiet respite or a place to find trusted, credible health and wellness information.
Pink Zone is a not-for-profit organization partnered with Penn State Lady Lion Basketball committed to raising funds to support the treatment, research, education and outreach needed to combat breast cancer.
Mount Nittany Health has been a partner since 2007, and is a beneficiary along with Penn State Cancer Institute, PA Breast Cancer Coalition, Kay Yow Cancer Fund, JC Blair Memorial Hospital and Lewistown Hospital.
Learn how you can donate to Pink Zone and help in the fight against breast cancer.
Mount Nittany Health Foundation donors make a difference. Our donors' generosity enables the growth of expertise, advances in lifesaving technology, program improvements, and facility upgrades that meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. Gifts directly support Mount Nittany Health's mission to make people healthier. To learn more about the Mount Nittany Health Foundation, visit foundation.mountnittany.org or call 814.234.6777.
The Lady Lion Basketball Cancer Resource Center, funded by Pink Zone, provides those affected by cancer with support, encouragement and resources.
Visitors are welcome to enjoy a comfortable setting where they can relax. From the latest on clinical studies to patient-friendly cookbooks and cancer-related children's books, the Center strives to make reliable, helpful resources available.
For your convenience, materials may be checked out on loan.
A wide-range of cancer-related materials are available through the Center's library. Subjects range from state-of-the-art treatments for specific cancers to complementary and alternative therapies that address a holistic approach to healing and wellness.
For your convenience, materials may be checked out for use at home. Computer searches can be conducted on site as well.
The Lady Lion Basketball Cancer Resource Center, funded by Pink Zone, is located in the Lance and Ellen Shaner Cancer Pavilion, which is located at:
Mount Nittany Medical Center
1800 E. Park Ave.
State College, PA 16803
American Cancer Society Programs
These programs are offered in the State College community throughout the year.
- Reach to Recovery
- This program involves trained volunteers who are breast cancer survivors offering practical tips on self-care and a listening ear to anyone with breast cancer at diagnosis, throughout treatment and during remission.
- I Can Cope
- This free education series for cancer patients, their families and friends addresses topics related to the cancer journey.
- Look Good...Feel Better
- This is a workshop in which specially trained volunteer beauty professionals teach women undergoing cancer treatment how to care for changes that may occur in skin and hair.
- These are meetings for men with prostate cancer to provide education and the opportunity to connect with others who have the same diagnosis.
- Road to Recovery
- Trained Road to Recovery volunteers provide cancer patients transportation to and from outpatient cancer treatments.
State & National Cancer Resources
Did you attend the Pink Zone game earlier this month at the Bryce Jordan Center? If you did – or maybe more so if you did not – you might be interested to learn a little bit more about what this special organization is, the important community agencies that are fortunate enough to partner with them, and what resources are offered for community members like yourself.