At Mount Nittany Health, the safety of our patients and staff is always our priority. Our COVID-19 policies and practices are updated as we see changes to conditions in the community and in CDC and DOH guidelines for the care, safety, and placement of our patients. These are some of our current practices:
- COVID testing is required of patients three days prior to surgery.
- COVID testing is required of women preparing to deliver a baby.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19, which includes a temperature check, including patients admitted to the hospital.
- We have policies in place regarding room assignments of COVID-19 positive inpatients.
- Patients hospitalized with COVID-19 are assigned a room based on a combination of factors following CDC and DOH guidelines.
- No visitors are allowed to visit patients hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Single patient room placement is prioritized for our inpatients whenever possible, however, a hospitalized COVID-19 patient may be roomed with another patient confirmed to also have COVID-19.
- For the safety of our patients and staff, all patients and visitors are required to mask.
Patient visitation is temporarily suspended at all Mount NIttany Health locations until further notice.