New DOT guidelines in effect
- New DOT guidelines are in effect for commercial drivers or those who employ commercial drivers
- A medical certificate (DOT card) is now required for many drivers
- A grace period is in effect until May, so responsible parties can become familiar with the new federal mandates
- All drivers who require a medical certificate will be included on a federal registry
- For more information, a medical provider with specialized training in DOT exams is a good first step
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.