- Colorectal Cancer is defined as cancer of the colon or rectum.
- Colorectal Cancer affects both men and women, and is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S.
- The disease is very preventable, with screening recommendation beginning at age 50.
- In addition to getting screened, maintain physical activity and a health weight, limit alcohol consumption, and don’t smoke.
- A colonoscopy is the best screening, but there are other colon cancer screening options, too.
For more information about colon cancer, visit mountnittany.org.