Join members of Mount Nittany Health's diabetes team for an important class series aimed to teach you and your loved ones how to live with and manage your diabetes:
- Tuesdays, April 8, 15, 22, and 29, from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm at Mount Nittany Medical Center, 1800 East Park Avenue, State College
Mount Nittany Medical Center's "Life with Diabetes" program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for quality self-management education, and is intended for individuals with diabetes, pre-diabetes or those at risk of getting diabetes.
Instructors include registered dietitians, physical therapists and diabetes educators, who will discuss ways you can:
- Improve eating habits
- Promote weight loss
- Make lifestyle changes
- Adapt an exercise program
- Self monitor blood glucose
- Manage blood glucose levels better
- Get the most out of healthcare treatment
- Prevent long term complications
The cost to attend the Life with Diabetes class series is $40, which is due on the first day of class. Cost includes all educational classes plus a three month follow up class, blood tests (A1C and LDL cholesterol) as needed, class materials/supplies and snacks. A friend or family member may come with you at no extra charge.
Pre-registration is required by contacting Heather Harpster at 814.231.7194 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Class size is limited so register early.