Knee Rehabilitation: Free Squat
Once you can bear weight on your leg without pain, start adding advanced exercises to your workout. Before you begin, talk with a physical therapist or certified athletic trainer. Learn how to use the equipment the right way. Start slowly, and rest between each set. As you feel stronger, increase the number of sets.
Caution: Ask your healthcare provider if you're ready to do this exercise. If you do too much too soon, you could create new knee problems, or even reinjure your knee.
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart, feet flat, and toes pointed slightly out.
- Keeping your back straight and heels on the floor, bend down from your knees. Don't bend past 90 degrees, or so far that it causes pain.
- Keep your knees behind the plane of your toes.
- Hold for 1 second(s). Then slowly rise back up.
- Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions.