Whether your kids are returning to school in-person or virtually, you can help them stay healthy by teaching them the following tips:
- Follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 precautions, such as wearing a cloth face cover when around others, avoiding close contact with those who are sick at home or when you are around people who don’t live in your household, and practicing frequent handwashing and cleaning.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw each tissue away after use. If you don’t have a tissue, bend your arm and cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water throughout the day.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, which is about the time it takes to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice.
- Do not share objects such as utensils, cups and food.
- Stay home when you are sick.