Health Administration Graduate Summer Residency
Mount Nittany Health provides an outstanding learning environment for students interested in careers in healthcare administration. As an independent health system with an engaged executive team, Mount Nittany Health is able to offer students one-on-one experiences with healthcare executives. Each year we provide master’s level students a limited number of summer residency experiences with our executive and administrative leaders. Students selected for this unique experience will gain exposure to the complex operations of a health system, participate in observation and project-focused experiences, and receive guidance and mentorship from the area’s top leaders in healthcare.
Our residency opportunities change every year, but past examples of placement include:
- Information Technology and Information Systems
- Corporate Compliance/Risk Management
- Community Outreach
- Executive Leadership
- Program and Service Development
- Students will be enrolled in an accredited MHA program and have completed at least one semester of coursework. This experience must be under the direction of an accredited educational institution and fulfill academic credit for that institution.
- Students will be in good academic standing, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Students must submit a completed application prior to December 1, 2018.
Applications for Summer 2019 will be accepted between November 15, 2018 and December 15, 2018.
All communication regarding student experiences is through the Education Department. Please contact Jaimi Williams at 814.231.7174 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete our application, you should allot about 60 minutes and have the following information on hand:
- Your academic advisor’s and/or instructor/s name and contact information
- Your written responses to the essay questions included in the application
- Your resume
- Your transcript (either unofficial or official is acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation: one professional (supervisor, preceptor, direct manager) and one academic (academic program director, professor, faculty advisor)
After submission of the application, you can expect the following:
- Students will receive notification of receipt of their applications by December 15, 2018.
- Initial telephone interviews will be scheduled in early January 2019.
- On-site interviews and tours will be scheduled in early February 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of selection by April 1, 2019.