Traveler's Health Center
When you travel abroad, infectious diseases are not the souvenirs you want to bring home. Our Traveler's Health Center offers medical resources to help ensure healthy travels.
Physicians at the Traveler's Health Center are happy to advise you as to what immunizations you will need for your travels and help you with any complications when you come back home.
Located at Mount Nittany Physician Group's Park Avenue location, the center offers the following immunization services:
- Hepatitis A and B (separate and combined immunizations available)
- Influenza (both standard flu and H1N1 included in one immunization)
- Malaria prevention prescriptions
- Meningitis (Menactra)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- Pneumovax, a pneumonia prevention immunization recommended for those over 55 and diabetics of any age
- Decavac: Tetanus/Diptheria
- Adacel: Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (whooping cough), generally for patients under 50
- Yellow Fever, along with a certificate needed for entry into certain countries
- Purified protein derivative (PPD) for tuberculosis skin tests
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Zostavax, for shingles prevention for patients over 60
Additionally, rabies treatment is available at Mount Nittany Medical Center's Emergency Department.
Since many insurance providers do not cover immunizations, patients are required to provide payment at the time of treatment. Please call our office at 814.234.8800 for current charges for these services.
Mount Nittany Physician Group Providers
With spring break right around the corner, there are a few safety tips you and your family should take into consideration. Being prepared is key to staying safe and healthy while traveling. If you’re heading out of the country, make sure you research vaccinations that may be necessary for you or your children. Additionally, consider the medications you or your family members take, and always pack extra in case your flight is delayed a day or more. If you’re taking a cruise, consider talking with your doctor about anti-nausea medication or medication for sensitive stomachs. Remember that food can be very different from one country to another, and be sure to research drinking water safety precautions. Making sure your kids are...