Pain management specialists typically treat patients who have pain that outlasts the normal healing period following an accident or injury, as well as pain related to other conditions for which specific treatments have not been effective.
Our outpatient services are offered at the Pain Managment Center by highly trained specialists.
Our clinical team offers treatments to patients diagnosed with:
- Back and lower extremity pain
- Sciatic pain
- Failed back injury syndrome
- Cancer pain
- Head, neck and upper extremity pain
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Spasticity (stiff or rigid muscles or unusual tightness)
- Neuralgia and neuropathy (pain from nerve injuries and diabetes)
- Torticollis (a twisted neck condition)
- Most other chronic pain conditions
We offer a full range of interventional pain management therapies to help patients relieve and manage chronic pain. To assist patients in reaching the goal of improving their quality of life, we offer the following services and treatments:
- Chemodeneravation with Botox® for migraines, torticollis and myositis
- Spinal diagnostics: discography, selective nerve root and facet nerve blocks, C2 dorsal root injections and atlantoaxial injections
- Spinal cord stimulation and peripheral nerve stimulation/retrograde epidural stimulation
- Facial pain injections, cryolesioning and C2 trigeminal nerve injections
- Disk procedures: intradiscal electrothermal therapy (IDET), nucleoplasty and DeKompressor
- Intrathecal and epidural infusion for chronic, non-malignant pain, cancer pain and spasticity
- Traditional and pulsed radio frequency lesioning (RFL)
- Epidural and subarachnoid neurolysis
- Joint injections
- Drug administration systems (pain pump)
- Vertebroplasty and Trigger Point Injections
Our pain management specialists can determine what treatment is best for you. Most procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, using intravenous sedation when required, to return our patients to normal activities soon after treatment.
Talk with your physician about a referral. Most of our patients qualify for insurance coverage. Consult your insurance provider to confirm.
Mount Nittany Physician Group Providers
Health Break Article
Pain is one of the most common reasons that patients seek medical care. After an injury or surgery, you expect to hurt for a while, knowing that in time, you will heal and the pain will leave. If you have a medical condition—from arthritis to heart disease to cancer—you recognize discomfort as a symptom and trust that treatment will help. While you wait for your body to heal, pain medication can provide some relief. Healthcare standards The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), which sets healthcare standards for about 80 percent of the nation’s hospitals, set a new standard last year to determine how well hospitals assess and treat pain. Pain management is a crucial component of quality c...