Endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and hormone-related disorders.
Endocrinologists who are a part of Mount Nittany Health treat a variety of conditions, including:
- All forms of thyroid disease and cancer
- Pituitary diseases and tumors
- All aspects of calcium metabolism, including osteoporosis and parathyroid problems
- Adrenal problems
- Low or abnormal testosterone or estrogen hormone levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition commonly affecting young women with insulin resistance)
- Unusual, unexplained symptoms such as sweating or flushing
Treatment for endocrine-related conditions can include prescription medication, lab work and other testing, education on coping with a condition and, in some cases, surgery.
Find an endocrinologist below or contact Mount Nittany Physician Group: Park Avenue to make an appointment.
When you have hypothyroidism, your thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormone. With hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland produces too much hormone. A goiter is the enlargement of the thyroid gland.