Endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and hormone-related disorders.
Endocrinologists who are a part of Mount Nittany Health treat a variety of conditions, including:
- All forms of thyroid disease and cancer
- Pituitary diseases and tumors
- All aspects of calcium metabolism, including osteoporosis and parathyroid problems
- Adrenal problems
- Low or abnormal testosterone or estrogen hormone levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition commonly affecting young women with insulin resistance)
- Unusual, unexplained symptoms such as sweating or flushing
Treatment for endocrine-related conditions can include prescription medication, lab work and other testing, education on coping with a condition and, in some cases, surgery.
Find an endocrinologist below or contact Mount Nittany Physician Group - Park Avenue to make an appointment.
Endocrinologists also treat patients with diabetes since the disease is related to the pancreas, a gland that produces insulin to regulate glucose (sugar) levels in the body.
Mount Nittany Physician Group Providers
When you have hypothyroidism, your thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormone. With hyperthyroidism, the thyroid gland produces too much hormone. A goiter is the enlargement of the thyroid gland.