Endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and hormone-related disorders.
Endocrinologists who are a part of Mount Nittany Health treat a variety of conditions, including:
- All forms of thyroid disease and cancer
- Pituitary diseases and tumors
- All aspects of calcium metabolism, including osteoporosis and parathyroid problems
- Adrenal problems
- Low or abnormal testosterone or estrogen hormone levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition commonly affecting young women with insulin resistance)
- Unusual, unexplained symptoms such as sweating or flushing
Treatment for endocrine-related conditions can include prescription medication, lab work and other testing, education on coping with a condition and, in some cases, surgery.
Find an endocrinologist below or contact Mount Nittany Physician Group - Park Avenue to make an appointment.
Endocrinologists also treat patients with diabetes since the disease is related to the pancreas, a gland that produces insulin to regulate glucose (sugar) levels in the body.
Mount Nittany Physician Group Providers
The thyroid is a gland in the neck. It makes thyroid hormone. A hormone is a chemical messenger for the body. If there is a problem with the thyroid, the level of thyroid hormone may change. This can lead to symptoms. Read on to learn more.