Endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and hormone-related disorders.
Endocrinologists who are a part of Mount Nittany Health treat a variety of conditions, including:
- All forms of thyroid disease and cancer
- Pituitary diseases and tumors
- All aspects of calcium metabolism, including osteoporosis and parathyroid problems
- Adrenal problems
- Low or abnormal testosterone or estrogen hormone levels
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (a condition commonly affecting young women with insulin resistance)
- Unusual, unexplained symptoms such as sweating or flushing
Treatment for endocrine-related conditions can include prescription medication, lab work and other testing, education on coping with a condition and, in some cases, surgery.
Find an endocrinologist below or contact Mount Nittany Physician Group - Park Avenue to make an appointment.
Endocrinologists also treat patients with diabetes since the disease is related to the pancreas, a gland that produces insulin to regulate glucose (sugar) levels in the body.
Mount Nittany Physician Group Providers
The thyroid is a gland in the neck. It makes thyroid hormone. A hormone is a chemical messenger for the body. If there is a problem with the thyroid, the level of thyroid hormone may change. This can lead to symptoms. Read on to learn more. Hypothyroidism With this problem, your thyroid gland doesn’t make enough hormone. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto thyroiditis. This occurs when the body’s immune system attacks the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism may also occur if there’s not enough iodine in the body. The thyroid needs iodine to make hormone. Problems with the pituitary gland can lead to it. If the thyroid gland is removed during surgery, hypothyroidism will result. Common Symptoms Low energy, fat...