Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.234.6738 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Medicine Seminar Series
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center.
- August 20, 2015: Case studies of eating disorders in adolescents and young adults, presented by Jennifer Seidenberg, MD, FAAP, assistant professor, pediatrics, adolescent medicine and eating disorders, Penn State Hershey Medical Group, State College, Pa., and Phyllis Stackhouse, NP, Penn State Hershey Medical Group, State College, Pa.
- September 17, 2015: Suicide awareness and prevention, presented by Matthew Wintersteen, PhD, department of psychiatry and human behavior, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pa.
- October 15, 2015: Communication skills to help patients choose healthy behaviors, presented by Alan Adelman, MD, MS, professor, department of family and community medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pa., and David Richard, MD, FAAFP, Penn State Hershey Medical Home Family and Community Medicine, Harrisburg, Pa.
- November 19, 2015: Chronic Kidney Disease: Identification, etiology, and management, presented by Kevin Roe, DO, nephrology, Mount Nittany Physician Group, State College, Pa.
2015 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (9/10, 10/8, 11/12) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (8/20, 9/17, 10/15, 11/19)
- 9/1/15, Surgical Management of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (download the session flyer here. CME credit provided by UPMC.)
- 10/16/15, Update in Neurology - TBD in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (download the session flyer here.)
- 11/11/15, 24th Annual Pediatric Update - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/20/15, Update in Internal Medicine - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
2016 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (2/11, 3/10, 4/14, 5/12, 6/9, 9/8, 10/13, 11/10) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (1/21, 2/18, 3/17, 4/21, 5/19, 7/21, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17)
- 3/25/16, The John "Skooter" Van Kirk Spring Educational Day - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 4/13/16, Mayes Lecture, in the Nittany Lion Inn
- 5/10/16, Mini Pediatric Update
- 11/9/16, Annual Pediatric Update