Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.231.7087 or send an email to email@example.com.
Family Medicine Seminar Series
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center.
- January 15, 2015: What's all this about gluten free?, presented by Gregory R. Ziegler, PhD, professor, department of food science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
- February 19, 2015: Improving patient perception of care through effective communication, presented by Richard E. Smith, Jr., director, health engagement, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
- March 19, 2015: Fatigue and sleep deprivation in residency training, presented by Lawrence E. Kass, MD, FACEP, FAAEM, vice chair, academic affairs, department of emergency medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
- April 16, 2015: High value care: How do we prepare our learners for the second curve?, presented by Eileen M. Moser, MD, MHPE, FACP, associate dean for medical education, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
- May 21, 2015: The scope and gravity of child maltreatment: Consequences for children, families, and public health, presented by Jennie G. Noll, PhD, professor, human development and family studies, director, network on child protection and well-being, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
2015 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (2/12, 3/5, 4/9, 5/14, 6/11, 9/10, 10/8, 11/12) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (download the 2/12 session flyer here.)
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (2/19, 3/19, 4/16, 5/21, 7/16, 8/20, 9/17, 10/15, 11/19)
- 3/27/15, The John "Skooter" Van Kirk Spring Educational Day - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (download the session flyer here.)
- 5/12/15, Mini Pediatric Update - 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 10/16/15, Update in Neurology - TBD in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/11/15, 24th Annual Pediatric Update - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/20/15, Update in Internal Medicine - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium