Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.234.6738 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Medicine Seminar Series
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center.
- February 18, 2016: Global health security and the ecology of emerging infections, presented by Peter Hudson, FRS, director, The Huck Institutes of The Life Sciences, University Park, Pa.
- March 17, 2016: Can systems thinking "function medicine" solve chronic adult diseases? A pediatric perspective, presented by John Neely, MD, FAAP, ABIHM, professor, Pediatrics, Humanities, and Family and Community Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pa.
- April 21, 2016: Top evidence-based medicine updated in primary care, presented by Todd M. Felix, MD, director, Core Clinical Medicine Penn, State College of Medicine, assistant professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa., and Jay Zimmerman, MD, assistant professor, Family and Community Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pa.
- May 19, 2016: Responding to child maltreatment: Challenges and opportunities, presented by Sheridan Miyamoto, PhD, FNP, RN, assistant professor, Pennsylvania State University, College of Nursing, University Park, Pa.
2016 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (2/11, 4/7, 5/12, 6/9, 9/8, 10/13, 11/10) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (Download the session flyer here)
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (2/18, 3/17, 4/21, 5/19, 7/21, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17)
- 3/25/16, The John "Skooter" Van Kirk Spring Educational Day - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (Download the session flyer here)
- 4/13/16, Mayers Lecture, Ruth Pike Auditorium, The Pennsylvania State University (Download the session flyer here)
- 5/10/16, Mini Pediatric Update
- 10/21/16, Annual Internal Medicine Update - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/2/16, 25th Annual Pediatric Update - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium