Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.231.7087 or send an email to email@example.com.
Family Medicine Seminar Series
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center.
- July 17, 2014: Obstructive sleep apnea diagnosis, testing, and treatment, presented by John Solic, MD, pulmonary medicine, Mount Nittany Physician Group, State College, Pa.
- August 21, 2014: Learning to manage asthma by the guidelines, presented by Timothy Craig, MD, professor of medicine and pediatrics, distinguished educator, Penn State University, Hershey, Pa.
- September 18, 2014: Reaching new heights with your colorectal cancer screening rates, presented by Thomas McGarrity, MD, chief, gastroenterology and hepatology, Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
- October 16, 2014: HIV in primary care: New guidelines for routine screening and earlier treatment, presented by Jeffrey Kirchner, DO, FAAFP, AAHIVS, medical director, LGHP comprehensive care for HIV, associate director, family medicine residency, Lancaster, Pa.
- November 20, 2014: Think delirium in older adults: Research and practice innovations, presented by Donna Marie Fick, PhD, RN, FAAN, distinguished professor of nursing, professor of medicine, co-director, Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence at Penn State, University Park, Pa.
2014 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (9/11, 10/9, 11/13) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (download the 9/11 session flyer here)
- 10/24/2014, Update in Internal Medicine - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/12/2014, 23rd Annual Pediatric Update - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium