Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.231.7087 or send an email to email@example.com.
Family Medicine Seminar Series
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use entrance D at the rear of the Medical Center.
- February 20, 2014: The Affordable Care Act and vulnerable populations, presented by Peter Kemper, PhD, emeritus professor of health policy and administration, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pa.
- March 20, 2014: Demystifying adverse food reactions, presented by Julie L. Thompson, MA, RD, CLT, LDN, integrative/functional medicine dietitian, certified LEAP therapist, Geisinger Health System, State College, Pa.
- April 17, 2014: Medical education: Teaching healthcare providers to teach, presented by Mark Stephens, MD, MS, FAAFP, CAPT, MC, USN, professor and chair, department of family medicine, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, Md.
- May 15, 2014: Weight loss surgery, presented by Ann M. Rogers, MD, FACS, director, Penn State Surgical Weight Loss Program, professor of surgery, Hershey, Pa.
2014 Programs Include:
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (2/20, 3/20, 4/17, 5/15, 7/17, 8/21, 9/18, 10/16, 11/20) - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (4/10, 5/8, 6/12, 9/11, 10/9, 11/13) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium. (Download the flyer for Feb. 6)
- 3/28/2014, John "Skooter" Van Kirk Spring Educational Day - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium (Download the flyer)
- 4/9/2014, 17th Annual Stanley P. Mayers Endowed Lecture - Leadership, Collaboration, and Change in Healthcare
- 5/13/2014, Mini Pediatric Update - 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 10/24/2014, Update in Internal Medicine - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/12/2014, 23rd Annual Pediatric Update - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium