Continuing Medical Education
To promote quality care, Mount Nittany Health offers a variety of continuing medical education opportunities throughout the year, using a teleconferencing auditorium with world-class presentation capabilities.
Continuing education events help you stay current with preferred medical best practices. In addition to improving your knowledge, you may be eligible to receive continuing medical education credits by completing our courses.
For more information about continuing medical education, call us at 814.234.6738 or send an email to email@example.com.
Family Medicine Seminar Series
The Family Medicine Seminar Series is held monthly in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
A buffet dinner is served at 6:00 pm for a nominal fee. The education event starts at 6:30 pm. Use Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium entrance at the rear of the Medical Center.
- July 21, Palliative Care for Advanced Heart Failure Patients, presented by Lisa Kitko, PhD, RN, FAHA, assistant professor, Macy Faculty Scholar, Penn State College of Nursing, University Park, Pa.
- August 18, Health Literacy: Bridging the Gap, presented by Diane Elliott, MS, BSN, RN-BC, IBCLC, CPST, clinical educator, and Susan Foster, MS, BSN, RN-BC, director of education, Mount Nittany Medical Center, State College, Pa.
- September 15, The Effects of Psychological Stress on Wound Healing and Mucosal Immunity, presented by Christopher Engeland, PhD, assistant professor, Department of Biobehavioral Health in Penn State College of Nursing, Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
- October 20, Five Questions from Abraham Flexner, presented by Anthony Weaver, MD, associate professor, internal medicine, assistant dean, rural physician leadership program, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Morehead, Ky.
- November 17, Narcotic Analgesic Management in the Treatment of Pain in Outpatient Setting, presented by Upendra Thaker, MD, medical director, Pain Management Center, State College, Pa.
2016 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (9/1, 10/13, 11/10) - 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (7/21, 8/18, 9/15, 10/20, 11/17)
- 10/21/16, Update in Internal Medicine, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
- 11/2/16, 25th Annual Pediatric Update, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm in the Galen and Nancy Dreibelbis Auditorium
2017 Programs Include:
- Sports Medicine Conference Series (1/12, 2/9, 4/13, 5/11, 6/8, 9/14, 10/12, 11/9)
- Family Medicine Seminar Series (1/19, 2/16, 3/16, 4/20, 5/18, 7/20, 8/17, 9/21, 10/19, 11/16)
- 4/12/17, Mayers Lecture, held at the Nittany Lion Inn, time TBD