When the time comes, call your doctor to discuss when to come to the hospital. Women and their labor support person should enter Mount Nittany Medical Center through the Main Entrance. After 10:00 pm, the Main Entrance is locked, and you need to come into the Emergency Room entrance.
Patients are strongly encouraged to preregister at least four weeks before your due date. Preregistration forms are available here or at your obstetrician's office. This is one less thing you will need to worry about when you come in to have your baby!
What to Bring
Bring for Mom:
- Toilet items
- Nursing or other good support bras
- Boppy pillow - if using one at home
- Reading materials, CDs, mp3 player, DVDs
- Comfortable clothing for the ride home
Bring for Baby:
- Infant car seat less than six years old (check expiration date) that you are familiar with and know how to install and use
- Large blanket
- Going home outfit and hat for the baby
Mount Nittany Medical Center provides the following items for baby during your stay: Diapers, wipes, t-shirts, receiving blankets, soaps, and standard formula if needed.
Please leave all valuables, large sums of money and medication at home. The Medical Center will not take responsibility for the loss of personal items.