Facts & Figures
Since opening in 1994 as Centre Community Surgical Center, Mount Nittany Health Surgical Center has become the region's leader in same-day surgical services.
Here are just a few facts and figures about the Surgical Center:
- It was the first freestanding ambulatory surgery center to serve State College and the surrounding area.
- The Surgical Center hosts more than 90 skilled medical and support staff specially trained to care for same-day surgery patients.
- Our facility is equipped with four state-of-the-art, spacious operating rooms and a specialty procedure room.
- We offer private, individual post-op recovery rooms.
- Approximately 5,200 surgeries and procedures are performed here each year.
- About 25 patients come through every day.
- Average length of stay is three hours, from registration through post-op recovery.
- Average length of surgery is 60 minutes.
- The Surgical Center is consistently ranked in the 97th percentile or higher on patient satisfaction in the quarterly Press Ganey report.
- The Surgical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
For more information on having your same-day surgery performed at Mount Nittany Health Surgical Center, call 814.2346750 or email us at email@example.com.