Lance and Ellen Shaner Cancer Pavilion
The Lance and Ellen Shaner Cancer Pavilion provides an environment of healing along with access to a multidisciplinary team of best-practice driven specialists.
The new Lance and Ellen Shaner Cancer Pavilion matches the sophistication, skill and expertise of cancer care already provided right here in State College. It also expands Mount Nittany Health's long-time partnership with Penn State Hershey by including their medical oncologists as partners in care, together under one roof as the CANCER CARE PARTNERSHIP.
CANCER CARE PARTNERSHIP provides state-of-the-art, personalized care for outpatient hematology, medical oncology and infusion services. Patients will benefit from the combined resources and expertise of Mount Nittany Health, the community's trusted healthcare provider, and Penn State Hershey, the region's academic health center.
- Dedicated space for intensity modulated linear accelerator - technology designed to allow physicians and physicists the ability to program delivery of exact forms of radiation up to eight times faster than other delivery systems, pinpointing radiation to the tumor and preserving healthy tissue
- Lady Lion Basketball Cancer Resource Center, funded by Penn State Pink Zone, offers support and resources for patients and loved ones
- Clinical research space for the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute at Mount Nittany Medical Center, which brings cutting-edge clinical research and experimental new therapies to our region
- Patient-focused exam rooms, chemotherapy suites and consultation areas for multidisciplinary teams essential to the patient's care
- Consultation areas for support services such as pharmacy and lab work
- A dedicated entrance for patients with cancer and their families
- Meeting and support group spaces