Investing in Our Staff
Continuing education is a key component of providing high quality healthcare to the public, and we're committed to giving our employees the educational resources they need to keep their skills sharp and knowledge current.
Over the past year alone, we have spent more than $800,000 on continuing education, performance improvement, scholarships and educational reimbursements. We consider this investment a critical step towards ensuring that our patients receive the absolute best care possible.
We are also committed to partnering with our community to encourage medical education through public speaking engagements, our internship program and the Mount Nittany Medical Center School of Clinical Laboratory Science.
We encourage our staff to enhance their expertise through continuing education programs, and Mount Nittany Medical Center hosts them in a state-of-the-art teleconferencing auditorium to enhance the learning experience via world-class presentation capabilities. Some of our programs include:
- Family Medicine Seminar Series, a monthly presentation at the Medical Center
- Sports Medicine Conference Series, a monthly presentation from April through December at the Medical Center
- Regular obstetrics and gynecology, internal medicine and pediatric updates
We also promote our profession by partnering with students and academic institutions in the area:
- Flexible student internships are available at the Medical Center.
- Mount Nittany Medical Center School of Clinical Laboratory Science provides lab training for college students.
- Mount Nittany Health's Speakers' Bureau connects medical professionals with local organizations that would like a healthcare seminar for a meeting.