- August 8, 2014
- August 20, 2014
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Women's & Children's Services
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Regular Part Time
Mount Nittany Health
August 8, 2014
Women's & Children's Services
August 20, 2014
Regular Part Time
- LABOR & DELIVERY SKILLS MIX - Rotates to OB/GYN
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgement and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 3) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.
- 4) If rotating to Nursery/Pediatrics: Within one year of the hire/transfer date, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and renews PALS every two years.
- 5) After six months of orientation in Labor & Delivery arena, meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) renews ACLS every two years.
- 6) Within one year of hte hire/transfer date, completes the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and renew NRP every two years.
Responsible to the Unit Director for overall nursing practice. Provides professional nursing care based on AWHONN Practice Standards at key times during the antepartal period and during the four stages of labor. This includes the responsibility for assessment of childbearing women (adolescence to middle adulthood) and their family needs, development of the plan of care to meet those needs, implementation of nursing interventions, and evaluation of nursing care based on outcomes for these women.
Labor & Delivery skill mix; Night / Evening; 8/12 hr shifts; Rotates to OB/GYN
- Will be scheduled up to 56 hrs/pay; May be scheduled for additional hours based on dept needs.
Every other weekend; Rotating holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: 814.234.6143.
Job Expired 8/20/2014