Respiratory Therapist III - Registered
- June 17, 2014
- June 23, 2014
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Respiratory Therapy
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Full Time
- 1) Graduate of a recognized COARC or JRCRTE/AMA Respiratory Care Educational Program
- 2) Approved 2 year (AA degree) Respiratory Therapy program, preferred
- 3) Required educational levels call for proof at time of hire.
- 1) 2 years previous hospital experience preferred
- 2) Emergency Room, Critical Care, Pediatric, and Neonatal experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Ability to read and understand English.
- 2) Ability to type and use electronic communications effectively across programs for charting and patient care
- 3) Knowledge of normal and abnormal pathology and patho-physiology related to the respiratory system.
- 4) Knowledge of the indications, appropriateness, contraindications, and side effects of various medications and treatment techniques required.
- 5) Ability to organize work, set priorities and perform detailed work
- 6) Good interpersonal skills
- 1) Current Pennsylvania Respiratory License. Must have immediate access to license while on duty. Must be maintained at all times and must be in good standing at all times.
- 2) Registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- 4) Current BLS Certification required
- 5) Membership in AARC and/or PSRC preferred
Under general supervision Manger of Respiratory Therapy, the RRT will perform all respiratory care general modalities. Set up and take down, perform, observe and document modalities and simple diagnostics ie: ABG. May be required to learn and perform more complex diagnostics overseen by the Liaison RRT. Provides therapy modalities and procedures to patients of all ages in all areas of
the hospital, particularly in General floors, the ICU/CCU departments, ER and as prescribed by
a physician. Responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous
short and long-term mechanical ventilation of adults, pediatrics and neonates. Therapists are expected
to be self directed and professional at all times in the absence of the Manager of Respiratory Therapy. Maintain all department and hospital records and enter accurate information into the hospital computer for the therapy as given. Have very good customer service skills, and communicate well any issues, requests or information that helps in providing great patient care. The RRT will be assigned a responsibility within the department that can range from QA to research. All RRT personnel will adhere to established infection control guidelines.
Night shift; 7:00pm - 7:00am; Willing to be trained, perform and carry call for neurology procedures.
Rotating weekends and holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: 814.234.6143.
Job Expired 6/23/2014