- June 20, 2014
- July 3, 2014
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Center for Wound Care
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Regular Part Time
Mount Nittany Health
Center for Wound Care
July 3, 2014
Regular Part Time
- 1) Completion of an accredited registered nurse program required; BSN preferred.
- 2) Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1) Previous RN experience preferred.
- 2) Charge qualified preferred.
- 3) Two years clinical experience.
- 4) Medical surgical, home health, or wound care experience preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Effectively functions as a team member and as a liaison between patient and staff.
- 2) Supports and encourages harmonious communication skills.
- 3) Job requires strong verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- 4) Communicates in highly professional manner at all times.
- 5) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with ill people; uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patients, families, and co-workers at all times.
- 6) Possesses the following: ability to plan/organize; ability to multitask; problem solving skills; ability to facilitate teamwork; professional demeanor; ability to manage change; customer service skills; ability to collaborate with others; excellent interpersonal skills.
- 7) Language Ability: Ability to write reports and to effectively respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public.
- 8) Math Ability: Ability to perform basis math skills.
- 9) Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
- 10) Computer Skills: Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- 1) Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Pennsylvania.
- 2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
- 3) Wound Care Certification preferred.
- 4) CWS or CWCA obtained within 2 years of hire date.
- 5) Willing to be trained and certified in Hyperbaric Chamber operations.
- 6) Relevant certification preferred upon hire.
The Registered Nurse position is responsible to the Clinical Coordinator for activities that include, but are not limited to, utilization of skills in organization, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing care as it relates to the specific needs of the patient. Nurses work within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act and follows Wound Care Centers, INC, and Medical Center policies and procedures. The Nurse complies with Medical Center and nursing standards in the performance of job duties and responsibilities. The Nurse will support the goals and objectives of the center and of the Medical Center. The Nurse will provide coverage for operation of the hyperbaric chamber as directed.
Day shift; Could flex between 6am and 6pm; 8 hr shifts
No weekends; No holidays
Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. (Include Name; Phone #; Current Position & Dept; Transfer date if within the last year; Active Discipline; PCN # of position applying for; State how you meet the qualifications for this position)
Job Expired 7/3/2014