Certified Medical Assistant
- June 12, 2014
- June 19, 2014
- Job Type
- Physician Group
- Float Pool
- Float - Varies
- PRN - as needed
- 1) High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2) Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- 1) One year of medical office and patient care experience preferred..
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Knowledge of medical practice and patient care, medical equipment and instruments and examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- 2) Knowledge of physician office procedures, medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding guidelines.
- 3) Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
- 4) Ability to assist in performing a variety of treatments and procedures, taking vital signs and recording and maintaining test results.
- 5) Ability to record data accurately using a computer.
- 6) Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- 1) Medical Assistant certification required.
- 2) Certification is required within 6 months from date of hire or transfer into the Medical Assistant position.
- 3) CPR certification required.
Provide care to patients as directed by the physician, including preparing patients for examination, administering medications, assisting physicians with procedures and performing various tests.
Monday - Friday; Dayshift; as needed
No weekends; No holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: 814.234.6143.
Job Expired 6/19/2014