Community Outreach Coordinator
- June 12, 2014
- August 11, 2014
- Job Type
- Mount Nittany Health
- Community Outreach
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Full Time
- 1) Bachelor’s degree in related field required (health policy and administration, communications, marketing, public administration, public health, etc). Master’s degree preferred.
- 1) Minimum of five years of work experience in healthcare, human services, or related fields required.
- 2) Two or more years of project management experience preferred.
- 3) Experience in volunteer services, special events, and community relations required.
- 4) Experience with program evaluation and measurement preferred.
- 5) Experience with grant writing and grant funding preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Knowledge of the not-for-profit community and the health care industry.
- 2) Strong communication skills and people skills
- 3) Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer skills
- 4) Ability to work creatively and cooperatively with all departments and levels of the health system to enhance collaboration towards Community Health Needs Assessment priorities.
- 5) Ability to perform multiple duties effectively and independently in an environment of continuous change and interruptions
- 6) Ability to organize, delegate, and carry out assignments independently
- 7) Must display professional mannerism and appearance.
- 8) Able to work some hours that are not within the typical workday, including evenings, early mornings, and weekends on occasion.
Represent Mount Nittany Health to agencies and organizations. Serve as primary contact. Manage program-wide implementation of the Community Health Needs Assessment and oversee ongoing updates of CHNA. Track and report progress and results of community outreach activities to internal and external stakeholders. Serve as liaison for Mount Nittany Health’s community service partnerships. Identify and implement opportunities for collaborations with local human service organizations. Coordinate community engagement plans, and administercommunity events planning, coordination, promotion, and implementation to support organizational strategies and tactics. Collaborate with Marketing and Communications department on the promotion of community events. Oversee student participation with CHNA implementation. Identify and coordinate grant funding and opportunities for external funding to support community health outreach activities, including collaboration with The Foundation for Mount Nittany Medical Center. Conduct Community Health Needs Assessment according to federal, auditing and system expectations.
Day shift; Evening event coverage on occasion
Weekend event coverage on occasion
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: 814.234.6143.
Job Expired 8/11/2014