- June 3, 2014
- Job Type
- Physician Group
- Revenue Cycle
- Mount Nittany Health - University Drive
- Full Time
- • Knowledge of medical records coding policies and procedures and reimbursement practices.
- • Knowledge of authorization and billing procedures preferred.
- • Ability to prioritize tasks and examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- • Ability to prepare, file, and maintain patient records, files and reports.
- • Skill in preparing reports and various correspondence.
- • Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- • High School diploma or equivalent.
- • Completion of a certified CPC coding exam required.
- • Prefer at least two years of coding experience in a multispecialty practice.
- • Knowledge of EHR strongly preferred (Allscripts).
- • Knowledge of third party billing required.
- • Certification as Certified Professional Coder (CPC) required.
- • Two year of previous experience in diagnosis and procedure coding.
- • CPC certification required.
Determine and apply appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9), (ICD 10) code(s) to services for billing. Coder has frequent interactions with internal and external clients. The Coder focuses their work on detailed documentation abstraction from the EHR and selection of CPT and DX coding based on this review. Serves as the liaison for immediate and ongoing documentation and improvement for physician coding practices, compliance and revenue optimization for all practices.
Day shift; Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:00pm
No weekends; No holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. (Include Name; Phone #; Current Position & Dept; Transfer date if within the last year; Active Discipline; PCN # of position applying for; State how you meet the qualifications for this position). Please direct all questions to Human Resources: 814.234.6143.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: 814.234.6143.
Apply or Return to Job List