Join members of Mount Nittany Health's diabetes team for an important class series aimed to teach you and your loved ones how to live with and manage your diabetes.
Mount Nittany Medical Center's "Life with Diabetes" program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for quality self-management education, and is intended for individuals with diabetes, pre-diabetes or those at risk of getting diabetes.
Two separate sessions are scheduled this spring:
- Mondays, February 10 and 24, from 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm at Mount Nittany Health Diabetes Network, 120 Radnor Road, State College
- Tuesdays, April 8, 15, 22, and 29, from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm at Mount Nittany Medical Center, 1800 East Park Avenue, State College
Instructors include registered dietitians, physical therapists and diabetes educators, who will discuss ways you can:
- Improve eating habits
- Promote weight loss
- Make lifestyle changes
- Adapt an exercise program
- Self monitor blood glucose
- Manage blood glucose levels better
- Get the most out of healthcare treatment
- Prevent long term complications
The cost to attend the Life with Diabetes class series is $40, which is due on the first day of class. Cost includes all educational classes plus a three month follow up class, blood tests (A1C and LDL cholesterol) as needed, class materials/supplies and snacks. A friend or family member may come with you at no extra charge.
Pre-registration is required by contacting Heather Harpster at 814.231.7194 or email@example.com. Class size is limited so register early.