- Before traveling, see your doctor to ensure your diabetes is well controlled
- Consider carrying a medical ID with you, particularly if you use insulin
- Pack more medication and testing supplies than you think you’ll need in case of emergencies
- Don’t be afraid to request meals low in sugar, fat or cholesterol when flying
- Plan the time of your injections, especially if crossing time zones
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes when traveling
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.