Tips to help you keep your kidneys healthy
- In recognition of National Kidney Month, here are some healthy habits to follow to keep your kidneys healthy.
- Maintain a healthy blood pressure to help prevent kidney damage.
- Avoid excessive protein intake, as aging kidneys are not able to process the excess waste produced by high protein consumption.
- Daily use of painkillers can damage the kidneys. If possible, avoid taking painkillers such as acetaminophen. If you’re dealing with chronic pain, work with your physician to find a way to control your pain without putting your kidneys at risk.
- Consume at least 64 ounces of water per day. Kidneys need adequate water to perform their crucial functions.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.