Tips for traveling with children by plane
- Talk with your child about the security screening process before you leave for the airport
- Remember that strollers can be taken through airport security and gate-checked
- Bring a bag of toys and snacks to keep children happy and entertained
- To decrease ear pain, encourage your infant to suck on a bottle as the plane climbs and prepares to land
- If traveling out of the country, talk with your child’s pediatrician to see if additional vaccines are needed
- Adjust your child’s sleep schedule two or three days before departure to help avoid jet lag on longer flights
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.