Swim safely this summer
- Never leave children unattended in or near a pool, even for a moment.
- Watch out for the dangerous “toos” – too tired, too cold, too far from safety, too much sun.
- Use a feet-first entry when entering water not marked for diving.
- If you own a pool, learn Red Cross CPR and post CPR instructions in the pool area.
- If a child is missing, check the water first. Seconds count in preventing a drowning.
- Drink plenty of water, even if you aren’t thirsty. Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.