Stay hydrated during the warm, summer months
- Water comprises almost 70 percent of our weight and is critical to numerous body functions
- With the high heat and humidity that afflicts Pennsylvania summers, staying hydrated is key
- Although foods do account for a portion of our water intake, most fluid should come from water and other beverages
- Try taking a drink every time you walk past a water fountain
- If you’re outside and it’s hot, try drinking a sip or two of water every 15 minutes
- Choose foods with high water content like lettuce, watermelon and grapefruit
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org.