Protect your eyes from work-related injuries
- Every day in the U.S., there are approximately 2,000 job-related eye injuries requiring medical treatment.
- The most common eye injury in the workplace occurs when small particles strike the eye or become imbedded in the cornea.
- According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, 90% of eye injuries are preventable with proper safety eyewear.
- Eyewear should fit properly and be designed to protect the eyes based on the activity performed.
- Mount Nittany Physician Group Occupational Health can speak with workplaces in more detail about preventing eye injuries and keeping employees safe.
For more health-related information, visit mountnittany.org/workhealth.